10/04/2009 Gratitude

Fall is a hard time of year for me to appreciate. I have always seen it as a time of death and dying with the plants and trees bearing witness to that. Even though many don't actually die, they look like they are dying - which makes me realize that it will be months before I see the color and beauty of this form of nature.

Fall is also hard for me because I do not appreciate cold and snow. This time of year is a tease. I am teased with warm, lovely days and the beauty of changing leaves. And then teased with bouts of cold and even snow. My body craves heat! I never complain in the summer because I love the heat. When it is cold and damp, my body physically aches and my mood sinks.

I try to appreciate all of Mother Nature's offerings, but fall and winter are my tests of patience and acceptance.

No comments:

Post a Comment